Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remembrance Day

Since it is November 11 - Rememberance Day - I thought it would be appropriate to blog about a cake that I made as a birthday/farewell cake for a friend in the military who was just about to head back overseas.




That is the cake. It was half chocolate, half vanilla. It is covered in fondant which was tricky to do. I had no idea how to do it so I did what I thought might work and hoped for the best and I think it turned out quite nicely. I dyed chunks of my fondant various colours, then i would take pieces of it, roll it into blobby shapes, and then stick them together. After I had done what I though would be enough I got out the rolling pin and carefully rolled out the fondant. The writing and border on the cake are done with buttercream.

Thank you Christian and everyone else serving our country.

Lest We Forget

No comments:

Post a Comment