Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Favourite Cake :)

So a friend of mine's (now ex) boyfriend and his twin sister's 23rd birthday was coming up and they live out in the country. My friend decided to order them a country appropriate cake and asked me to make a "cow cake." I made a boy and a girl cow to put on the top made of modeling chocolate (chocolate and corn syrup) so they were edible. The cake itself received cow hide patterned fondant with some icing grass on top for the cows to sit on. The inside was 3 layers and went chocolate, vanilla, chocolate I believe (or vice versa). Everyone really loved the cake.

This is deffinately my favourite cake that I have made I think because I put a lot of effort into it and got creative with using modeling chocolate for the first time.

Thanks for reading as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment