Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bob Marley & Media

Seeing as this blog is for my media studies class, I thought I would do a post related to another one of my media studies assignments. We are currently working on a group project about someone or something who had a major impact on media. My group chose Bob Marley as he majorly effected not only music but also drug culture, a religion, and a country. In today's post, however, I have chosen to focus on the drug aspect rather than the music aspect.
Today's cake is decorated with an icing marijuana leaf. Don't worry there are no illegal substances actually in the cake! I made this cake for someone's birthday and it was a big hit. I thought it was quite well done and have had many requests for more, though I have not accepted any more orders so far.
The cake itself was chocolate and I used techniques learned in my Wilton classes for all of the decorating, from getting the purple icing smooth, to piping the borders, to stenciling the image. Here is a picture:


I am quite proud of this cake despite the subject matter because it turned out really well :)

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment